Sunday, May 24, 2015

Prince August


So on Saturday I had some free time to try the Prince August 25mm moulds and try different types of metals. The kitchen oven was used for this process and it worked a treat though I need a better work area as I made quite a mess.

I have two Molds - British Infantry and Belgian Chasseurs.

Below are the first run  - one mold held by clamps, the other rubber bands (To see if they work). My first problems is judging how much to pour as I did too much the first few times.

Safety equipment - I need new gloves though and should probably not be doing it all next to the toaster.
The first castings I have ever done - I was really happy ! The dude on the right got melted down as his musket was poorly formed.
I tried a few more and they were bad so I simply tested various things I need to do to get a good figure. A good temperature, a better and faster pour.

Below the Dutch\Belgians
The British.

Overall I enjoyed it - the figures are never going to win any beauty contests but to chuck out a few units I will use them.  I saw Basil's figures yesterday at the CWC and they paint up well so these will complete my allied armies.

5 comments:

Rodger said...

They are a great way to increase your forces relatively cheaply!

Archduke Piccolo said...

They don't look too bad at all, Paul - and they will have a lot of character. OIncidentally, I recall that Rodger's Napoleonics of 20-odd years ago were home castings...

Jacko said...

I think Rodger gave me some back in the day and I still actually have them (or some of them at least)

Ill have to drag them out for a photo.

Paulalba said...

Good fun!

myhuonglequyen said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng đi mỹ cũng như dịch vụ ship hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ nhận mua hộ hàng mỹ từ website nổi tiếng Mỹ là mua hàng amazon về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.