My painting continues for the Waterloo refight. Unfortunately a sudden family illness had me at the hospital a fair bit last week and then for the past few days staying away from home looking after a family member. One thing I did manage to sneak into my away kit was a tonne of soldiers and paint !
Apart from household duties of cooking\cleaning\entertaining visitors I did manage some time to paint and it was quite relaxing. I have painted another 78 French infantry and also started a test figure for the Nassau Regiment I am providing for the allies. Recently I picked up a few boxes of HAT 28mm figures and they are quite dandy little things so I am going to use the French Voltigiers for the Allied Nassau troops who wore the French uniforms.
Below is the first test figure - Easy to paint and I am really happy with the output. They are going to look splendid ! As the uniform is made up of very simple colours it was a breeze to paint and I am looking forward to the rest - the same with the Legere. Things get complicated for the rest of the french of course - white breeches, coats, lapels, lace, shako cords etc etc so its nice to have a simple uniform to take care of.
Hopefully by the end of this week that will be the French Infantry completed and I can base them up and get some decent photos.
Still left to do is:
1 British Foot, a tonne of French Artillery and some generals.