Monday, January 19, 2015

Almost completed 2 Hinchcliffe units "renewal"

I have finished re-painting two of my Saxon Regiments that are very old hinchcliffe figures.

These figures are over 40 years old at least, they were coated in large globs of varnish and have some "lead rot". I had to be fairly gentle with them when I discovered how brittle they are as legs were snapping off with too much pressure. I do the standards and basing all in one go for multiple units so when I complete the other few units I'll add them in. They will fit in well with my multi-manufacturer forces.

The Front unit is Regt. Prince Antoine (Blue facings) and the second is Regt. Prince Clement (Green facings).


A bright close up.


The above took 3 days from start to finish for a total of 9 hours painting (+/- a few other figures from other genres).




7 comments:

paulalba said...

That's a great save! Nice painting on some old classic naps!

Jacko said...

Thanks -Its pretty average to be honest but it will do. I also noticed I forgot the plumes on the front unit !

Archduke Piccolo said...

They're looking pretty good, Paul, dam' good, actually - You know, I was thinking of doing Saxons myself as a French Ally in Italieri Plastics (to go with the plastic Prussians) but I might be forced into a rethimk. It may have to be Westphalian or Bavarian... just a single Corps, you understand: a couple or three divisions, a light and a heavy horse brigade, and a gun or two...

Jacko said...

That is how my Westphalians started out, then the Saxons and the Italians.....

Rodger said...

Nice work Paul! I used to have a large collection of Hinchcliffe Napoleonics many years ago.

Chasseur said...

Good work Paul! Should really get some Saxons myself, likely just cheating and painting French line figures as Saxons...

Jacko said...

Cheers Mark, these figures are actually saxons - Most of my armies are French pretending to be someone else. Cheers