Monday, December 10, 2018

Back into it




Recently, for light entertainment, I purchased two computer games from matrix games

Scourge of War - Waterloo

Fighting the Waterloo campaign at Battalion Level.


An online review of this game was quite right. Graphics are crap, the terrain is crap but this game is epic if you want to refight huge Napoleonic battles.

So far I have taken some smaller games (Attacking Hougonmont and Holding the line (as Brunswickers) and I hope to attempt a divisional game soon before ultimately fighting Ligny, Wavre and Waterloo.

Strategic Command -  WWII - War In Europe

Fighting WW2 European\Africa theatre - This is a bit like Hearts of Iron but not as granular (You command Corps\Armies with some basic research) not the full divisional\political micromanagement level HOI was.

In my game, Poland fell easily, as did the low countries and I managed to just knock out France. Do I take on Russia as historically expected or push through the Balkans and head to the middle east?

I know one thing for sure, the Italians cannot hold North Africa at all.


The WW2 game was picked up after Archduke Picillo and myself played a hex-based Desert War game last weekend (Update to come). I have some travel coming up so it will be a good activity to fill time on the boring business trips I do.

3 comments:

Archduke Piccolo said...

I like the 'new look' page, Paul. The figures and vehicles depicted in the banner look strangely familiar... I really like the effect!

The games look interesting...

Jacko said...

It was a simple tool in PicsArt that allows me to adjust the image. I still have a lot of formatting to do in blogger so I shall see how it goes.

Cheers

Archduke Piccolo said...

Next time we have a chinwag, I'll get you to tell me more about PicsArt. Wouldn't mind giving it a go!