Thursday, July 16, 2015

Solo Talomir Campaign



At the end of last year I decided to start playing the RallyRoundTheKing Talomir campaign solo. The published campaign involves a lot more nations and armies that I have so I simply made my own map involving 7 nations. I would have no pet nation but simply play them all for some solo games on the Kitchen table and a little background and action reports.

  • Goblin Clans
  • Border Kingdoms (Normans)
  • Dwarves
  • Elves 
  • Treyine (100 YW English)
  • Tropilium Empire (Late Romans)
  • Orc Clans
My simple map is below:

I did initially make a grand hex based map but updating it is a pain so I have embraced KISS.



I included the large Tropilium Empire simply as I have a very basic and old Late Roman army. I also wanted to see what life was like next to a large and territory hungry empire so they have started with a large domain already.

The campaign will begin in Spring 271 and the starting leaders are below:
  • Goblin Clans - Grexgaz Shadowracket
  • Border Kingdoms (Normans) - Baron François Dubosc
  •  Orcs - Auhgan
  • Dwarves  - King Numaen Drakecoat
  • Elves - Lord Miirphys
  • Treyine (100 YW English) - King Payne Tilli
  • Tropilium Empire (Late Romans) -Emperor Tertius Equitius Constantius
I am rolling the random events to see of bad things happen (Dragons , Giants and the like) but I'm going to ignore them as I please if the event doesn't fit with what is happening.

Last year I did get to 2 seasons in and fought two battles. A third then occurred but I had not finished the army (The biggest of course - Tropilium) so it stalled while I started to paint them ..........and then did Napoleonics.

However fresh paint, new terrain and a better camera have me back in action !

4 comments:

Archduke Piccolo said...

This looks like fun! what sort of figures do you use, and what rule set? If 15mm, I still have my 11th Century Byzantines and Bulgars...

Jacko said...

Hi,

The are 15mm and I use Rally Round The King by Two Hour Wargames (As they have a lot of solo reactions I can use).

They play quite like Hordes of Things - Same base sizes and troops types I think.

Cheers

Archduke Piccolo said...

I was thinking... If ever you need some horse archer type barbarians and/or a rival Empire ... you know whom to call.

Jacko said...

Hi,

I was going to see how the initial few moves went and then add in another faction behind Tropilium but I can add in two in all going well.

One is an Evil army (undead, lizards etc) led by a dark lord (Sauron type) but anothe human faction can always go well.

Cheers