Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Barry

Hi,

As I've been clearing out my wargame's storage for the big tidy up I have found so many armies, maps and other items related to campaigns and games I have had with the late Barry Taylor. Barry passed away around a month ago after some illness. I only have 15mm Napoleonic armies as Barry wanted me to play some campaigns with some other gents so he can take credit for that project (What was a small Spanish army turned into a large Spanish Army, followed by a Prussian Army and an Austrian Army)

It was only after 3 or so years of gaming I actually got to know Barry a little. Its funny how you can play games with someone but not really know anything about them.

He gave me some half painted WSS figures before he passed as he wanted something to become of them instead of being tipped in the bin after he had gone. I have created a fictional unit lead by one Colonel Taylor and I shall endeavour to paint them with the best of my ability.


Cheerio Barry

1 comment:

Rodger said...

What a great idea Paul. I look forward to seeing this unit!